When you work at Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) or at one of its subsidiary companies, you join a proud legacy of supporting missions while sustaining culture.
CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. We are proud to have built, and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields – each team member proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences – then we may be the right fit for you! Job Overview:
This position on Kwajalein Atoll, in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, offers great work-life balance. The site provides free lodging/dining and a large selection of morale and welfare activities. Spend your morning watching beautiful sunrises, enjoy temperatures at a consistent 85 degrees, and end your days with spectacular sunsets. With beaches, scuba diving, saltwater swimming pools, bike riding, boating, fishing, and a recreation center, your free time has never been better spent! Experience all that island living has to offer by joining our Kwajalein team today.
The QMED operates, services, and repairs internal combustion engines used to power ships and most small crafts.
This position is unaccompanied; and a Bachelor’s Quarter (BQ) will be provided. Responsibilities: Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Performs major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair on gasoline/diesel marine engines and related marine equipment and systems using schematic charts and technical manuals.
- Works with gas and diesel engines.
- Operates and maintains electrohydraulic controllable pit propeller systems and steering engines, refrigeration and air conditioning systems, air compressors, desalinization plants and small auxiliary boilers.
- Performs major and specialized mechanical overhaul and repair on gasoline/diesel marine engines, outboard motors and related marine equipment and systems.
- Tests marine engines and equipment to determine need for repairs or adjustments, aligning fuel, water, and air piping systems.
- Oversees the operation of diesel engines.
- Cleans and maintains diesel engines and corresponding ship parts such as propellers, gears, and air compressors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates in Marine and Small engine Repair or equivalent military experience as an Engineman.
- Three (3) years’ experience of vessel experience.
- U.S. Coast Guard Qualified Member of Engine Department (QMED) rating.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Travel by plane, helicopter and/or boat to conduct work activities on an outer island as may be required.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks, pre-employment physical requirements and drug testing required by the contract.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
Proof of COVID-19 VACCINATION:
In order to qualify for this position, you must be fully vaccinated prior to the start of your assignment and show proof of your vaccination status, unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation (religious or medical).
The definition of fully vaccinated is that you have:
1.) Received a vaccine that is recognized by the governing entity and is either a.) Two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine b.) Two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine c.) Two doses of Moderna Vaccine (or) d. One dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine; and
2.) Two weeks elapsed after the final dose was administered, which is either one or two doses depending on brand of the vaccination. Reasonable Accommodation:
CGS will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.