SDE 2, Amazon Business Mobile Team
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Sound understanding of areas in Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases
- Good written and oral communication skills
Job summary Amazon Business is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, focused on enabling business customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy products in bulk quantities to run their business smoothly. Business customers have different and more complex needs than the traditional Amazon customer base. A major channel how customers use Amazon Business is through their mobile devices. Our team is responsible for building the best shopping experience for business customers on mobile (Android and iOS), and accelerating the adoption of the Amazon mobile app. To do so, we build core shopping features and invent new and innovative ways for customers to engage with Amazon Business on their mobile devices. We take pride in being customer-obsessed, and help create mobile experiences that will make life easy for our customers globally. You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - from the visual interface to the back end services. You will help redefine normal for this segment of the market. You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solutions that provide a delightful customer experience. You need to have strong sense of ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills. We are looking for passionate and hard-working Software Engineers who have experience of building innovative, mission-critical, high volume applications that customers love. We expect you can help us build native mobile experiences that provide our customers a great mobile experience globally. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge shopping features on mobile, used by business customers. As a Software Development Engineer on the Amazon Business Mobile team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core mobile product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these mobile product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
- Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
- Deep understanding of capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Experience delivering continuous integration solutions for mobile apps
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you’ve developed!